Western States 2010

Western States 2010
Snow Field at Squaw Vally

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Rolling the Dice

Yippy....I am on vacation!!! Pretty much for the rest of the month too!!! Sweet!!! Time for some real mileage. Last week my hip was killing me so I dropped the mileage down and did only 41 miles for the week. The hip had me worried. Should I drop the mileage now for 2-3 weeks and try to see if it gets better or should I push thru it and hope that it doesn't get any worse? Maybe I can make it to my taper time August 1st and hopefully recover enough to make it through Leadville? So many serious questions/concerns. Well the lower mileage must have helped at least a little as I felt better as the weekend closed out. So with the 41 miles for the week that puts me down to 439 miles to Leadville with just under 10 weeks to go. 659 minus 439=220 miles run from Lecompton. This puts me 4 miles outside of Hays America!!! Not bad.
So why did I title my blog Rolling the Dice?? Well I am in Las Vegas this week visiting one of my favorite friends in the world Brian Pawley and his wife Dawn. When ever I come out here to visit it always is a great time. Brian and me usually hit the area trails and hit them hard!!! So much for the easy training on the hip!!! So I am Rolling the Dice this week and I will see what the hip feels like when I get back to Kansas next week. In the 2 days that I have been out here so far we have got in over 33 miles!!! This will definitely will be a big week for me. Tune in next Monday for the details of my adventure in the Western Desert!!!

1 comment:

  1. You are so doing this! I'm proud of you.... Now come home! I miss you!

    ReplyDelete